Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cover art

With the help from Larry, the nice guy that runs OF Blog og the Fallen and a great source for new and interesting books, I found out about a new artist, Alejandro Terán. Checking out his works I was absolutely impressed and I have added a new artist on my favorite list.

Alejandro Terán was born in 1974 in Leon, Spain. He studied at the Arts College of Salamanca and has won many prizes. Above you can see the cover art made by Alejandro Terán for the books: "Libros de Sangre" ("Books of Blood") by Clive Barker, "A Punta de Espada" ("Swordspoint") by Ellen Kushner and "La Espada del Destino" ("The Sword of Destiny") by Andrzej Sapkowski. Be sure to check his website for more great works.

Later edit:
I must apologize because due to a misunderstanding I made a mistake regarding the artwork for the Andrzej Sapkowski's "La Espada del Destino" ("The Sword of Destiny"). The artwork is made by Alejandro Colucci and the lettering by Alejandro Teran.

9 comments:

Larry Nolen said...

Cool! Glad to have helped you discover another talented artist! :D

ThRiNiDiR said...

I'm a sucker for great cover art and this one is completely out of charts! I smell another Eye Cover Candy article coming up :D

Mihai A. said...

Larry, thank you once again :)

Uros, check the artist website, he has many covers there :)

Kristen said...

Those are gorgeous covers! I especially love the one for Swordpoint.

Mihai A. said...

I like them too, even though I like the most the one from "La Espada del Destino" ;)

Harry Markov said...

I forgot to comment on this post and say that this artist rocks and well i have to save that link! ;)

Mihai A. said...

Harry, I'm glad you like him and his works :)

Amras said...

Great blog you have here, Dark Wolf, and those covers are fantastic! The Clive Barker one is downright chilling.

Mihai A. said...

Thank you very much, Amras. I really liked those too, because the Romanian cover for "Books of Blood" are dull.