Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cover art - "The Runestaff" by Michael Moorcock

As we’ve seen at the beginning of this year the cover artwork for the new editions of Michael Moorcock’s first three novels in the “Hawkmoon” series, released by Tor Books, were at the top level. And it cannot be otherwise since the cover artist was the great Vance Kovacs. Earlier this month, Tor Books released the new edition of the last novel in the series, “The Runestaff”, and once again Vance Kovacs produced an excellent cover. Actually, looking over the entire series of covers Vance Kovacs made for the Michael Moorcock’s series I am tempted to buy the novels again just for the artwork, although I do own the entire series.

2 comments:

bascule said...

"Jewel in the Skull" and this book were my "gateway drug" I found em in my local library when I was 10. Been into SF/F ever since.

Mihai A. said...

These books are wonderful indeed. I need to re-read them :)