Monday, May 7, 2012

Table of contents - Phantasmagorium #3


Phantasmagorium is a new arrival on the horror short fiction market, but this quarterly magazine already made an impression. With a strong first issue (for which I’ll have a review soon) and a stronger second one (reviewed here) Phantasmagorium found easily its way on my watch list. The first two issues of Phantasmagorium were edited by Laird Barron, but from the third issue, due to be released this month, the editorial position is taken by Joseph S. Pulver, Sr. Laird Barron made an excellent job with the first two appearances of Phantasmagorium, but I am convinced that Joseph S. Pulver will maintain the quality of this notable magazine. My confidence comes from the previous encounters I had with Joseph Pulver’s fiction, in “The Best Horror of the Year Volume 3” and “The Book of Cthulhu, but also from the appetizing table of contents he assembled for the third issue:

“The Sour Aftertaste of Olive Lemon” by Cate Gardner
“Nature’s Mother” by Cody Goodfellow
“Blown Out” by Ann K. Schwader
“To Walk the Night” by Edward Morris
“Coptic Light” by Michael Cisco

The new issue of Phantasmagorium will be released on 13th of May.

2 comments:

James Everington said...

Cate Gardner you say? I'm in.

Mihai A. said...

James, that is a name I follow closely too :)