Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cover art - "Nightsiders" by Gary McMahon

Gary McMahon is one of the best voices of modern horror, of fiction in general if I may say, and one of my all time favorite writers. Ever since I read his collection “How to Make Monsters” his novels and short stories haunted and unsettled me. “Pretty Little Dead Things” and “Dead Bad Things” are a real treat in a sea of paranormal detective/investigator/private eye stories, while “The Harm” and “What They Hear in the Dark” have equally strong characters, drawn in the few lines available in novellas, and are such powerful stories that will keep the reader looking over the shoulder for a very long time. It is true that I still need to catch up with Gary McMahon’s “Concrete Grove” trilogy, but I believe I would manage to do that until his new title will be published. And that is a novella, “Nightsiders”, due to be released by DarkFuse Publishing on April 2013. Not many details about this new novella can be found at the moment, except that it is a strange and experimental story. If that is not appetizing enough we do have the cover artwork that, I understand, matches perfectly the theme and tone of the story. Indeed just by the look of this cover it seems that “Nightsiders” promises aplenty, but knowing the authors’ fiction and the movies that influenced this novella I am more than certain that Gary McMahon’s story will inflict new fears, disquieting and difficult to forget. As most of his excellent fiction does.

4 comments:

Bob/Sally said...

The description of "strange and experimental" gives me pause, but that's a great cover.

Mihai A. said...

Bob, I am interested in "strange and experimental". It sounds attractive to me :)
And that is a great cover indeed.

Unknown said...

Yep, this does look like a great possibility! Ta for sharing.

Mihai A. said...

Andrez, I can't wait to read it :)